- planning of energy and environmental systems
- synchrotron-based environmental chemistry and biochemistry
- climate modeling and downscaling
- simulation of hydrological and environmental systems
- Honorary Doctor of Science, McMaster University
- Fellow, Canadian Academy of Engineering
- Fellow, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering
- Fellow, Engineering Institute of Canada
- Canada Research Chair Tier 1
- Chief Scientist, Program of Rural Water Resources Management and Drinking Water Safety, United Nations Development Programme
- University of Regina Alumni Association Faculty Award for Excellence in Research, Canada
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Environmental Informatics (International Society for Environmental Information Sciences), 2012 - (citation: Science Citation Index, SCI IF = 10.22, JCR Q1)
- Editor, Journal of Water and Climate Change (IWA Publishing), 2020 - (citation: Science Citation Index, SCI IF = 2.803)
- Associate Editor, Journal of Environmental Engineering (American Society of Civil Engineers), 2018 - (citation: Science Citation Index, SCI IF = 2.479)
- Advisory Board Member, Resources, Conservation & Recycling (Elsevier), 2022 - (citation: Science Citation Index, SCI IF = 13.716)
- Advisory Board Member, Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment (Springer), 2008 - (citation: Science Citation Index, SCI IF = 3.821)
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Hydroinformatics (IWA Publishing), 2020 - (citation: Science Citation Index, SCI IF = 3.058)
- Review Board Member, International Journal of Sediment Research (Elsevier), 2005 - (citation: Science Citation Index, SCI IF = 3.259)
- Editorial Board Member, Environmental Engineering Science (Mary Ann Liebert Inc. Publisher), 2009 - (citation: Science Citation Index, SCI IF = 2.172)
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Environmental Management (Elsevier), 2007 - 2018 (citation: Science Citation Index, SCI IF = 8.910)
- Editorial Board Member, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects (Taylor & Francis), 2003 - 2017 (citation: Science Citation Index, SCI IF = 2.902)
- Editorial Advisory Board Member, Engineering Optimization (Taylor & Francis), 2009 - 2012 (citation: Science Citation Index, SCI IF = 2.5)
- Over 200 research grants and contracts
- 8 NSERC Strategic Grants, plus over 20 other NSERC grants
- Over 1000 peer-refereed international journal papers
- SCI Citation = over 30,000; SCI-based H-index = 78
- Highly Cited Researcher, recognized by Web of Science Group for 0.1% of the world's researchers across 21 research fields, 2019 (each with papers ranking in the top 1% by citations; 116 Canadian researchers are recognized in 2019)
- Most Cited Researchers in Environmental Science and Engineering (300 researchers in total over the world), Elsevier, June 12, 2016
- Stanford University 2020 World Ranking for top 2 per cent of most-cited Scientists (ranked 13th globally and 2nd nationally in the field of environmental engineering; c-score 4.3). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bUJrvurVVBbxSl9eFZRSHFif7tt30-5U/view
- Supervised over 100 graduate students (with degrees awarded), including 50 PhD, 54 MASc (Thesis Option), 27 MEng (Project Option) students, and 115 BASc students (53 Fourth-Year Capstone Projects).
- Over 35 PhD graduates were appointed as faculty members at universities in Canada, USA, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and China, such as Queen's, McMaster, Dalhousie, Concordia, Memorial, UNBC, Ryerson, UPEI, Univ. College London, U. of Edinburgh, U. of Surrey, Brunel Univ. London, Texas A&M, U. of Texas, Temple, Texas Tech, U. of Louisianna, Nanyang Tech. U., Hongkong Polytechnic U., City U. of Hong Kong, Peking U., and Tsinghua U.
- Over 10 of Huang's students are now research chairs (e.g., Canada Research Chair) or full professors.
- Some of Huang's students are now Fellows of Canadian Academy of Engineering, Royal Society of Canada (College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists), Canadian Society of Civil Engineering, and Engineering Institute of Canada.
- 11 NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship holders.
- 2 President's Distinguished Graduate Student Awards (2007 and 2016).
- 6 NSERC Postgraduate Fellowship holders.
- 2 NSERC-Supported Undergraduate Research Assistants.
Copyright © Gordon Huang. All rights reserved.